Tuesday, October 15, 2013

HE SAILED THE OCEAN BLUE {A WEEKEND RECAP}


In 1492,
Christopher Columbus
sailed the ocean blue.

This is part of a poem that I vaguely
remember learning
in elementary school.



Sadly, I must admit that I don't remember the rest of the poem,
except the Nina, the Pinata, and the Santa Maria part!
History was never my strong suit.

However it is with thankful hearts that we now
get to celebrate Christopher Columbus' great voyage by having a three day weekend.
Except, for us (Not So Little Person's school)
it is also our "Fall Break"...i.e....4 day weekend!

All this greatness meant that it was a camping weekend,
and ALL the boys were GONE (yep, even Rascal the puppy)!
GONE...for FOUR DAYS!

Thankfully, I was able to take full advantage of my time (unlike this past TIME).

So, what did I do?

Well, the temperature was like 86 degrees all weekend,
so for a bit I sat outside 
and caught up on some reading....on my Kindle



Notice the flip flops in October!

One neighborhood gal was out walking & she stopped by to chat.
Then another joined us.
Then somehow all of the neighborhood gals
started to congregate at my house
and before  knew it,
there was a GIRL'S only party
going on at my house!

Took me back in time to my good ole college days,
when a party just started wherever.

There was lots of eating,
 like I think that I ate my weight in Kit Kat's and Sour Patch Kids Candy...and
pizza was delivered.
There was lots of discussion..you know about important stuff, like can you wear
ankle boots with skinny jeans and the debt crisis.

Alas...all good things came to an end.
 I managed to clean my house
(I can't function in a mess)
and decide which project  I wanted to work on next.

What was it again?....ohh yes...triangles.

I got these cut out:



Then the BOYS made it home
...with all of their stinky camp gear & laundry!

Alas all good things must end.

Until Next Time...Happy Quilting


Moda Precuts
Moda Fabric
Free Priority Shipping On Orders Over $25.00


3 comments:

  1. How great to live in a neighborhood like that! I have tried to make friends with my neighbors, but no one is interested. I can't wait to see what you do with your triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to live among friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a quiet neighborhood. I would love to have one where a girls party could break out like that!! FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...