Monday, September 9, 2013

THE WEEKEND THAT WAS...


What was
supposed to be
my fabulous weekend alone,
turned out to be 




anything but that.

This was a camping weekend for the boys.
The puppy was off to the kennel for 
a weekend boarding
(We wanted him to get used to being boarded
just in case he had to go in an emergency).

This left me with an 
EMPTY house...all weekend!

I had grand plans to cut into
some Moda layer cakes
and 
watch some TV.

My weekend of bliss became
nothing but a dream
when I woke up sick!
The dream became a fantasy
when my throat was on fire,
my nose was stuffed.
and my eyes began to water.

I did what any sick mom would do...
I began mixing whatever cold medicine was in my cabinet
in hopes of  warding off the illness that had invaded me.

So 
I spent the weekend
blowing my nose and moving from the
sofa to the bed.
Thank goodness HGTV was giving a marathon of

The best part about watching Candace is:
1. You get great decorating advice
2. You get fashion advice as well! I love her sense of fashion, however
most of her outfits would look silly on my 5'1" frame. I girl can still dream.

Then my sweet Mama
called me and when I told that I was too sick to talk,
she said "Don't worry, you can just listen!"
So while I "listened" to her talk,
I flipped through my favorite quilting book:


I got some inspiration
for my little red & green quilt.



Yep....
I'm going to try to hand quilt this one!

We'll see how it goes.

Until Next Time...Happy Quilting

Moda Precuts
Moda Fabric
Free Priority Shipping On Orders Over $25.00

7 comments:

  1. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING LOTS BETTER TODAY !

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well poo that bites! Feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I so look forward to a little "home alone" time. Hope you're feeling much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were sick :( I suppose that IF you were sick with the boys home then you wouldn't have been able to rest much. Good luck with the hand quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colds always have the worst timing! At least you could suffer in peace and quiet. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I hope you are feeling much better! The boys and puppy are probably back and we know that no matter how sick we are, there are just some things that only we can do.

    Can't wait to see your hand stitching on the red and green quilt...exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...