Wednesday, September 25, 2013

SCRUMPTIOUS {WHEN A NAME BRINGS BACK A MEMORY}


Scrumptious
by Bonnie & Camille
makes me giddy for 2 reasons:




1. The fabulous prints and colors in the fabric line:



All of them are my favorites!

So the other day
when I was rearranging things in my SHOP
I was taken  back to a moment
in time, which brings me to the 2nd reason
why I love Scrumptious.

2. When Not-So-Little-Person
was first born and my Mother In Law
met him for the first time,
she picked him up
and 
placed her cheek next to his chubby
cheek and said,
"Oh my! He is Scrumptious!"

So from that moment on
he became know as "Scrumptious"
to the members of our family.
Every time that she would call,
she would say 
"How is Scrumptious?"
"What is Scumptious doing?"

Sometimes she would change it to
"Scumpt-u-licous".

Alas, he has now grown into his
sophisticated Elementary School self,
and 
he gets embarrassed when 
hears "Scrumptious".

But it will always be
a sweet reminders of his childhood to me.



Thank you Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille
for being the name
that brings back a memory to me!

Until Next Time...Happy Quilting


Moda Precuts
Moda Fabrics
Free Priority Shipping On Orders Over $25.00

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet memory! I am in love with this line. I must get more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to make a baby quilt with that fabric, then pack it away for someday when Scrumptious has his own little bundle of joy. If you use the free Jelly Roll Jam pattern from FQS you could make 2 and be ready for a boy or girl depending on how you mix your colors. The pattern allows you to make 2 baby-sized quilts from 1 jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...