Thursday, August 5, 2010

How I Spent My Summer (Part 2)

I thought that I would share a little bit more

about my version of hexagons.

I think that I do mine a little bit

differently.

My hexagon quilt is made up of MODA scraps

from my previous projects.

Whenever I complete a project,

I cut whatever pieces that I can into 2 1/2" squares.

Then I throw them into a box.

Whenever the mood strikes me,

I reach in and grab 6 squares.

I baste these squares and them sew them into a flower.

I don't baste my hexagons ahead of time because

I like the excitement of seeing the completed flower

and I love the scrappy, unplanned feel of each flower.


Here is an idea of what all of my flowers will look like :



Of course my Little Person had to lend a helping hand:


Someday I will start to attach each of the flowers

together but until then,

they will live nice and neat in my box.




Until Next Time... Happy Quilting!


6 comments:

  1. They are so cute. Do you use a paper template for your hexies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! Good job ... and aren't they just oh so pretty stacked so nicely in your box ?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies look absolutely fabulous. When you have time, do you think you could do a couple of tutorials on how 1. you baste the hexie and then 2. how you attach them together. Your hexies are the most lovely stitched I have seen and I would love to see how you accomplish that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the need for a tutorial. I have yet to enter the world of hexies, perhaps because I have no idea how to make them.
    They are all very pretty and resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I third it! Yours are lovely...and inspirational!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh, I love that you dont plan it out! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...