Monday, July 5, 2010

Patched With Love (Part 2- Quilt For The Kids)


As I mentioned in my prior post,

my Patched With Love Quilt is going to a new home.


Blogland is such a great way to meet and connect with so

many people.

I met Bree through Blogland and I quickly decided that my

quilt needed to go toward her cause.

(I am a RN, so this one really spoke to me.)


Today I am going to have a guest blogger.

Here she is and I will let her explain more about what she is doing:

Hi guys! My name is Bree McElroy, and you can typically find me over at Quilt For The Kids. Quilt for the Kids is a division of The Josiah Foundation, and we have one primary purpose-to create handmade quilts for the children of All Children's Hopsital in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Quilt For The Kids is in it's first year, and I hope very much to continue expanding our goals in the years to come. For now, we've promised All Children's Hospital of St. Petersburg a total of 52 quilts by the end of year 2010. We're working hard toward this goal with the assistance and support of friends and family. Stefanie was sweet enough to give me the opportunity to spread the word!

I've been sewing for as long as I can remember- my grandmother taught me. Quilting has just come within the last year or so and I've developed a true passion for it.






I soon ran out of places to put all of my quilts, so I turned my sights toward something more-quilting with a cause. In stepped the Josiah Foundation. The Josiah Foundation is headed up by Dan Atchison, a friend who lost his young son to cancer of the brain stem in 2005. Josiah was an incredible kid and a patient at ALL Children's Hospital throughout his treatment.

Josiah lived his life with compassion and love, and this is what the Josiah Foundation is modeling themselves after. We exist to ease the suffering and advance the well being of children everywhere. I'm not a doctor or a chemist- I'm a quilter. So I'm doing what I know how to do- I'm quilting for the children of All Children's Hopsital. We want to provide a little comfort- a piece of handmade love for these kids.

Come and check us out anytime at http://www.quiltforthekids.org/ !


If this cause also speaks to you please contact Bree at her website.

Please let her know that I sent you there.

They gladly except quilts, quilt tops, fabric, and batting.

Anything can help, so if you have an extra quilt or

quilt top that you don't "love" anymore please send them to Bree.

I have personally started taking fabric out of my stash to give to her!

Thanks again for listening to Bree's cause.


Until Next Time ...Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Good on you Stefanie. You make me so proud to be your friend. Your quilt will have a good home - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cause.....thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I am glad you found a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts for kids...your quilt will go to a good home and will make a child so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure some child will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great foundation.....I would love to help too once summer is over...Thanks for telling us about it....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...