Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas Boxes

Christmas in July?

It is never too early to start thinking about Christmas.

So, while I was organizing my studio (AKA-the Patch),

I ran across these 2 1/2" squares


sent to me.




Of course I didn't have any Crazy 8 fabric,

so I dug into my Moda scraps

and  I created a simple quilt.


Let me introduce you to my new quilt,

"Christmas Boxes":






I love how "scrappy" the quilt turned out.

If you look closely in the next photo

you will see that even the borders are scrappy.

Two of the borders are made out

Moda's Peace on Earth

and the other two borders

are made of Moda's Shangri La fabric.


I even had a few extra 2 1/2" squares to make a

"little sister" version of my

Christmas Boxes.

(I still need to add the binding.)



Hopefully I will be able to get to it this week.


Until Next Time...Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. How cute, that is a good idea to stash a few quilts away now for Christmas gifts - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute i love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that in the inner border of the M&S basket quilt I'm working on now and I don't think anyone noticed. lol I love the results from running low on a fabric and having to substitute. In fact this top has like 4 lines of fabric in it and that is the challenge for me. To use what I have and make something w/out a pattern. It's great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a-dorable! Those little charmette packs are awfully cute, but I've never been quite sure what to do with them. Thanks for posting the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, my, my, I have missed you dear Stefanie. Your Crazy Eight is not crazy at all! Looks like it's all "boxed" up and ready to use.

    And a little baby to match...how perfect.

    Please remember, I'm here to test/sew any samples when you get ready for them, or whatever else you need help with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl....what is going on at yours? I haven't received any emails and miss you! Little person must be keeping you on your toes in addition to this wonderful little quilt you made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and it looks scrappy to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Stef - that is really cute! And, I love the little one, too! Still just love how you combine different lines of fabric with such pretty results!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...