Thursday, April 15, 2010

Glasses

I have been sewing on my new sewing machine, Aurora,

and all I could think about was glasses!


You see, I have been wearing glasses/contact lenses

since I was a teenager.

I remember when I put on my first pair of glasses,

I was amazed at how different and beautiful the world

looked through my glasses.

Colors were brighter and objects were clearer.

I had no idea what I was missing!


So when I was sewing with Aurora,

I thought about my first pair of glasses.




Sewing with my new machine is so easy!

The lines are straighter.

No more fighting with the old sewing machine,

just peaceful quilting.

It is like a whole new quilting world has opened up

to me (and I haven't even used the BSR yet)!

I never knew what I was missing.


So yes...my new machine is like getting glasses to me!


Then after a few hours of sewing,

I looked down and saw this:


Ahhhhh...!!!

Until Next Time ...Happy Quilting!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so awesome! Congrats on the new machine! When you were talking about sewing with glasses, I thought you were going to say something about the needle breaking and that your glasses saved your eye! I think that might be a little hold-over fear from the time a few months ago when my needle broke, flew up in the air, and cut my lip open...ya, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the analogy because I too remember that feeling of " wow!" when I got my first glasses! New machine sounds beautiful and the quilt definitely is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have encouraged me- I am thinking of replacing my machine but do not know if I oculd squeeze another year out of it! Know what you mean about glasses too- I never realised you were meant to be able to see individual leaves on trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...how fun to get a new machine and when it performs to your liking, even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are really enjoying that new toy of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a BSR would be amazing to try out. Lucky girl! Glad you're enjoying your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally get this. I can relate. It's nice to hear that you are very pleased with your choice of machine. Happy quilting! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats and enjoy your new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new quilt is looking beautiful! Glad you are enjoying your new machine - the tools really can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great analogy! congrats on the new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one just like it! I love this machine and so will you! Now we can really have a sewing weekend together. Project runway here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great way to described your new sewing machine. I hope Bernina appreciate it LOL! I have met the president of Bernina and he was a cool dud - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you aren't flying the coop, I"m not.. lol
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew you would adore it! I am glad you do.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember that when I got glasses - I'm so glad you're enjoying that lovely new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sew need a new machine. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...