Tuesday, June 25, 2013

RETIREMENT QUILT FOR A SPECIAL TEACHER


In all of the 
Pre-Quilt Market frenzy,
I created this quilt:


and I guess that 
I forgot to post it after all of the
Post Quilt Market frenzy!


Little Person's teacher retired this year...
yep, she retired after teaching for 30+ years.

To celebrate and thank her for all of her hard work,
I made a special quilt for her.


I used a quilt panel
from the fabric line called Salt Air by Eric & Julie Comstock for Moda Fabrics.

I took the panel to school
and had each of the kids in the class sign their name.

I added a border,
did my favorite straight line quilting,
and bound the quilt using some left over fabric
from Bliss by Bonnie & Camille.

Simple & it made the perfect gift!


I fell in love with the
"vintage" prints on the panel:



Until Next Time...Happy Quilting

Moda Precuts
Moda Fabrics
Free Priority Shipping On Orders Over $25.00


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I loved the colours in Salt Air but never made anything for myself from it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...